During my studies these past few days I have been using the incredible Pomodoro Technique with a clever app on my phone (BeFocused – focus timer and goal tracker) to keep track of my study. However, I often reach my 5 minute break and just sit and stare at the wall, or check Facebook AGAIN.
So, I wrote up a list of 30 things to do during a 5 minute study break to keep things interesting for me (and hopefully you) during the day.
- Quick guided meditation.
- Take a walk.
- Quick workout – push ups, sit ups, star jumps.
- Clean up your desk.
- Have a HEALTHY snack.
- Do something around the house (fold laundry, empty dishwasher).
- Make your bed.
- Water the plants.
- Read a few pages of a book.
- Write in your journal.
- Listen to a great song.
- Colour in a printable colouring page.
- Write a to-do list.
- Message a friend just to say hi.
- Edit/begin writing a blog post.
- Clean out your handbag/wallet/both.
- Play a song on the guitar.
- Have a glass of water.
- Have a chat with someone in your house.
- Catch up on the news of the day.
- Change outfit (for laughs).
- Watch short youtube video.
- Pet your pet…
- Make a cup of tea/coffee.
- Quick shower.
- Play around with your hair.
- Do a little drawing.
- Just lie down and chill.
Hope this gave you a few ideas to keep your day of study interesting. If you’d like some more study tips check out my Checklist for a Successful Day of Study post.
Have a nice day!